Monday, June 11, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  Saturday my husband had to work so in the afternoon I took the boys to my parents house to play outside.  Where we currently live we have a very small yard with no room to run around and play.  We are house hunting at the moment so I will keep you updated on that little adventure.

On Sunday we went to church and it was our turn to teach the high school Sunday school class.  We have been taking turns with the youth leaders to give them some time off during the summer.  We continued in the book of Habakuk which is a great book of the Bible to study.  The main theme of the book is that we don't always get the answer we want when we pray.  However, God sees the big picture in our life and His answer is always the best even when it involves Babylonian slavery.  We can always trust God to lead us in the right direction.

Anyways, I thought I would share our menu for this week with you.  Maybe you can get some ideas for your own menu.  Menu planning is really a great way to save money and reduce the stress of figuring out what's for dinner every night!  I only plan meals for breakfast and dinner since I work during lunch time.  I'll post more about menu planning later on and explain how I do it.

Sunday
Breakfast: eggos and granola bars in the car on the way to church
Lunch:  family (we eat with our parents for lunch on Sunday's)
Dinner: grilled cheese sandwiches and fries

Monday
Breakfast: cheerios and bananas
Dinner: tator tot casserole, steamed broccoli, corn bread (my inlaws are coming over for dinner and I love to cook for others!)

Tuesday
Breakfast: waffles and bananas (I'm trying to use my bananas before they go bad)
Dinner: spaghetti with marinara sauce, salad, and garlic toast

Wednesday
Breakfast: banana nut muffins and scrambled eggs
Dinner: biscuits and gravy, bacon, and eggs

Thursday
Breakfast: waffles and bacon
Dinner: Date Night!

Friday
Breakfast: oatmeal and fruit
Dinner: grilled pork chops, scalloped potatoes, peas

Saturday
Breakfast: biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, eggs
Dinner: hamburger helper, sauteed green beans, corn bread

I would love to hear what's on your menu plan this week!  Do you menu plan?

This post is linked up at:

No comments:

Post a Comment