Friday, June 8, 2012

Welcome to My Homemaking Story!

Welcome!

My name is Laura and I am a wife and mother.  I have been married to my handsome husband Jon for 3 years now and we have 2 precious little boys.  Jackson is 19 months and Jacob is 2 months.  

At this point in time I do work outside of the home as a part time social worker with at risk teens.  My desire is to be at home full time so my husband and I are praying and waiting on the Lord to move.

To be perfectly honest, this is the third blog I have started.  With my first two blogs I tried to be someone I wasn't.  I didn't pray about starting a blog. I was all about stats and link ups and series.  I even felt ashamed to admit that I didn't stay at home full time.  However, I know that this is just a season and the Lord has put me in my current position for a reason and when He sees fit He will bring me home.  Therefore, I am no longer ashamed to admit that I work outside the home.  God has provided my family with all of our needs and I know that He will one day provide my husband with an income that will support our growing family.

My desire for this blog is to share my story.  I want to share encouragement and inspiration and at the same time be authentic and show my failures (which are daily unfortunately).  I also want this to be a place that others can share their hearts.  That is why I chose the name "My Homemaking Story".  This is a place where women can open their hearts and be honest about where they are at in their life story.  

So grab a cup of coffee and settle in for an interesting story...

Dear Lord,

I ask your blessings on this new endeavor.  You know my shortcomings and my failures.  I ask You to help me be authentic with others and humbly tell my story.  Thank you for your abundant blessings in my life and the chance to share my testimony with others.

I lift up every person that finds this blog.  May you bless them and keep them and shine Your light upon them.  Please help them to find contentment in You and You alone.

Laura




    

No comments:

Post a Comment